Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIF

Surely at some point, everyone who writes anything has written those four letters. 

TGIF. Thank God It's Friday. 

I'm definitely feeling that today - the idea of having a weekend ahead of me with no plans outside of getting homework done sounds so supremely satisfying that I could not wait for it to be here. 

So yes, TGIF. And TGIS tomorrow with another TGIS after that. 

After all, it's been a tough week. Work has been hectic and school is really starting to get the best of me. But I heard a song today that reminds me of all the wonderful things that I am completely lucky to have. And just hearing those words - or the words of many other songs with the same effect - really helps put things in perspective. 

(If you're wondering, it's Lucky Man, by Montgomery Gentry - very country but makes a very good point; plus, there's a Bengals reference!)

So in light of seeing how lucky I am, I'm very thankful it's Friday and that I have an entire weekend to enjoy the lucky life I live. 

I hope you'll all do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment