Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Resolutions.

If you belong to a gym, then you may think you know me. 

I would be the girl that shows up around January 2nd ready & raring to go. I've got a New Year's Resolution and I'm bound and determined to keep it. 

For most, that story ends sometime around, oh, January 11th. Hey look at that - today's the 11th. 

But for me, this resolution has a lot more sticking power. And you'll be happy to know it has nothing to do with showing up at your gym and making you wait for a treadmill. (Don't get me wrong - I'm definitely trying to get more fit - but this time I'm doing it in the comfort of my own home because the husband and I bought a treadmill. So no worries.)

What really makes my resolution different, though, is that I'm focusing a lot more on my overall health and wellbeing, not just a number on a scale or clothes tag. And since I have this forum to help keep me accountable, I'm going to lay out those goals so you can all mock me when I don't keep them up. So here goes ...

In 2012, I resolve to:
  • Be a healthier person, in both mind and body
  • Take better control of my free time
  • Stop complaining about things I'm able to fix
  • Be a better wife
  • Write more!
That's it - not too much, right?

2012 has the potential for being one hell of a year and I'm resolving to make it one. 

So, how many of you are still keeping your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment