Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Obligatory Christmas Post

Well, I've been avoiding you, haven't I?

I guess the fact that it was Christmas gives me an excuse, but I really shouldn't exercise it. After all, what's the point in having a blog if I don't use it to own up to my own shortcomings? It's not like anyone reads it yet, anyway. 

Oh yeah, that's the other thing - Darrell's the only other person who knows this blog exists. Mostly that's by design; I'm new to this whole blogging world and I don't want to start running around acting like a blogger when I've only completed three entries. Also, I'm self-conscious that, the grammarian that I am, I might have left a typo or two within these pages.
And that would be downright mortifying. 

So instead, I write here and eventually (I hope) get better until I can share this with a few others. Until then - back to Christmas...

Our first Christmas as a married couple was, quite frankly, a lot like the last two: a fairly calm and uneventful weekend filled with family & food. That is, of course, right up until the brother-in-law's dog decided to join in the gorge fest...by inhaling a 1-pound box of chocolates. 

Yes. I said chocolates.

Now, anyone who knows anything about dogs knows that's NOT how you want to spend your Christmas afternoon. After about 20 minutes of coaxing her to vomit, the chocolate was out and she was fine (she evidently just likes to scare for attention). 

Of course, it goes without saying that all of the humans ate too much. Between the honeymoon and the holidays, I think I officially have to bite the bullet and become one of those New Year's resolution people next week, trying my damnedest to get back into shape. Don't lie: you know you're looking forward to hearing all about the workout regimen in upcoming posts. 

But hey, it's not like there's a you, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. ok, I know this might be overkill: two comment posts in one sitting when you JUST told the world that this exists... sorry.

    but, I am SO glad you let us (me) into your little secret. I actually thought/felt the same darned way you have. I had a blog (I still hate actually admitting that) for 7 months or so before I told people. a little strange, writing for just yourself. but also so liberating... :)

    I know this is getting long and wordy, but this is the Ally I always knew and loved, and I'm glad to see she's still around :) - "I'm self-conscious that, the grammarian that I am, I might have left a typo or two within these pages. And that would be downright mortifying."

    seriously. I love how you write. and that you don't like typos. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Meagan mentioned on your facebook being a "blog-stalker", and don't worry Meagan, I am too! Ally, I read everyone's! So for future ease of your mind (or cause for fear of mortifying moments :)) You have at least two readers now. I'm also glad to see this part of you. I know we don't get to keep in touch much anymore, so seeing this part of you, even if just in writing, is really great! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with Kaleigh and Meagan. I am absolutely guilty of blog-stalking. I love them, and especially this one, Al. I have always loved your writing style, and when reading this, it is so obvious that this blog is you in print form. Side note: Now I am critiquing every sentence I write, knowing you are such a grammarian. You three are so inspiring with your blogging that it almost makes me want to write one of my own. If only my darned life wasn't so dull, lol.

    ReplyDelete