Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And so it begins.

I think I may officially be the last person who is interested in blogging to actually begin doing so.

It's been a busy year (or two, or three) and I just haven't found myself with the time. In the past three years, I have:
  • Met my boyfriend
  • Graduated from College
  • Moved in with my parents
  • Quickly relocated to an apartment
  • Landed my first big girl job
  • Moved into my second apartment
  • Got engaged to boyfriend fiancé
  • Got a promotion
  • Planned a wedding (seeing a trend here?)
  • Purchased a home with fiancé
  • Got a promotion
  • Began traveling for work
  • Got married to fiancé husband
Phew. Yes - I realize that's life, but for me - that's a heck of a lot of life to happen all at once. So I have gone from planning my graduation, to planning my job hunt, to planning my career path, to planning a wedding. And for the first time in my life, there is nothing left to plan...leaving me with actual, real-life time to do other things.

I've been thinking about my non-planning for a while and was probably the brightest light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel. I was never the play-dress-up-and-pretend-it's-your-wedding type of little girl, so spending hours poring over flowers and colors and other miscellaneous details wasn't what I would call thrilling. In fact, I think we selected the first vendor we met in every category (flowers, cake, DJ, photographer, venue). Lucky for me, everything turned out great and I was extremely pleased with everyone we picked. Lucky for husband - he didn't have to hear me debating the pros and cons of off-white versus eggshell invitations.

So now, because I have the time and because I desperately need to, I'm writing. I'm not implying that I'll be writing anything of substance - just that I'm finally beginning to put ideas to paper web, meaning at the very least I have to put my thoughts into complete sentences.

I guess you could say that by starting a blog, I'm starting another plan.

What can I say, I can't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment