Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Keeping Tabs

So - as some or all of you know, I graduated from college more than two years ago. TWO years ago! I met some of the greatest people I've ever known, learned a ton of things I'll never forget and spent more nights forgetting than I'll ever remember. Unfortunately, things change after you graduate. 

Yes. I'm struggling with it. Back up off me. 

But because I no longer live just blocks away (or doors away) from my college-days best friends, making plans to see them has become a near-impossibility. Because I am no longer the constantly aspiring, A-student, damn-it-I'm-worth-it-point-of-view senior, I spend a lot of time thinking about the steps I didn't take and the ones I should or will. 

But you know that already. Hell, the name of this blog is "Un.Determined." I think we all know I have no idea where I'm going from here. All of that aside, however, I think it's worth mentioning that I've become completely jealous of all the people I know who are following their passions and at the risk of all things sane - doing what they do because they just have to do it. I'm just spending my days figuring out how to copy you. 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or something like that, right?
Anyway, if you want to know more about what I mean, just take a look at some of the folks I'm "Keeping Tabs" on. So this post is for you - all of the folks that I'm gaining as great new friends and some pretty awesome old ones I'm getting back in touch with. And if you know of more awesome (yes, I hate myself for not coming up with a more applicable word than awesome, but get over it) people I should follow, let me know.

Because all I hope to do is realize some of my passions - writing being number one - and spend some time growing up with all of you. I admire that you're all doing the exact same thing, right in front of me.

And I'm working on getting past the fact that it's not OK to put on a sorority or college T-shirt EVERY day. 

Give me some time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love LOVE this. Actually, I love ALL of your posts.
    I'd say we should meet for coffee and discuss your passions and what you should be doing with yourself :) or, just meet for coffee. And catch up. That could be enough fun in itself. (seriously, as long as I get to hang out with you soon!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Yay! You're keeping tabs on me :) Thanks Al, miss you!

    p.s. We graduated HIGH SCHOOL 7 years ago, and I'm still working on my college degree, so I'm totally and completely jealous of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree! I look at some people who are doing exactly what they want and I want to go up to them and say- how did you decide this? Because I still have absolutely no clue what I want to be when I grow up and I'm sooo glad that I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete